Sunday, January 18, 2009

high waisted pants

I'm just sittin here on a Sunday night, sippin unsweetened soy milk and thinking about high waisted jeans. Am I the last one to figure this one out? The following are all from UO:

Silence and Noise High Waist Twill Pant

Silence and Noise High Waisted Skinny Jean (my favorite of these picks!)

Rapscallion by Samantha Pleet High Rise Skinny Jean


I've been pretty much living in high waisted skirts since the beginning of summer, and yet the possibility of high waisted pants did not until yesterday occur to me. I think, since moving back to California and back to my large overpacked closet, I have really rejected wearing pants. Pants (or shorts, which you possibly see more of in SoCal) have in the last few years of my life represented a lack of creativity and an acquiescence to reality (not having enough time to dream up interesting outfits). But now I've moved, my closet and it's contents are far slimmer, and my style is going to have to shift a bit to meet new conditions.

I only brought two pairs of pants with me (as opposed to, alright, let me get up and count: three coats, four cardigans/sweaters, eight skirts, eight dresses, nine pairs of shoes and 13 shirts/blouses), and as the lifestyle here is far less heels-and-dress than I had been living down south, a reintroduction of pants into my wardrobe might be in order. I hate to break down and buy something new (not vintage and/or thrifted), but pants are just one of those things.

If you've seen any pants like these that you'd recommend, please let me know! In exchange, only in case we've been living under the same rock, I send you now to pandora. Harkens back to the days when I actually researched to find new music I would like, instead of relying on my boyfriend to expose me to new stuff! Tut tut.

1 comment:

lauren said...

Leaving work - going directly to UO, buying Silence and Noise High Waisted Skinny Jean.
Wearing tomorrow.
WORD!