Thursday, December 11, 2008

She & Him


Though I heard of them a long while ago, it took me until today to actually give She & Him a listen. She, "quirky" actress Zooey Deschanel, and him, established musician M. Ward, make a charming duo. I love how Zooey's voice reintroduces some classic American 1950s & 60s tunes to my generation, who probably recognize these songs but wouldn't really listen to the originals. Indulge below with She & Him's take on the following 1957 classic:




In all these videos of them I've watched, Zooey is always wearing the cutest 1960s style dresses. I think she would look great in this little tent dress I recently listed in my shop.



And while we're on the topic of music, you should check out both UK-based Paperplain and Brooklyn residents School of Seven Bells. Paperplain is lo fi beauty exemplified, and School of Seven Bells supposedly takes their name from a legendary pick pocket school in South America.

4 comments:

Sacaton June said...

it took me a little while to listen to she & him too. I agree, their songs are quite charming. And, I have long envied Zooey's style!

Oh, I've finally put up my 'six random things' post. Thanks for tagging me!

The Paper Doll said...

I've never listened to she and him but maybe i will :) I've posted the 6 things you didn't know about me on my blog now :)

TheMinx said...

I love them; she has such a great voice and amazing style.

hillary said...

i just got the cd for christmas and i love it. number 2 is my favorite. i love your etsy and your blog. i just added them to my favorites